Golf practice nets are affordable and easy to set up. The best ones land ball after ball in a handy net for instant retrieval, and some even come with a backstop. A good practice net helps you better understand your swing and it saves you from having to walk to a target every time you hit a ball. While it takes some time to learn the feel of a new golf club, golf practice nets help you experience club differences almost immediately.
Here are the best golf practice nets for your backyard, driveway, or garage.
|Spornia Spg-7 Golf Practice Net||Best Overall|
|PodiuMax Pop Up Golf Chipping Net||Budget Pick|
|FORB Freestanding Golf Cage||Upgrade Pick|
1. Spornia Spg-7 Golf Practice Net
- Large enough to practice from every angle
- Automatic ball return system
- Suitable for outdoor and indoor use
- Features a two side barrier net
- Comes with a hard plastic base
- Ping pong balls might fall off more easily than say golf balls
- A bit pricey
Nets, & HARD Plastic Base.
The Spornia Spg-7 Golf Practice Net is a professional-quality product that should be able to take plenty of impacts without a problem; it’s a great option for golfers who want to practice in their backyard. It comes with an automatic ball return system that feeds balls right back to you, and its two side barrier nets gives you plenty of room to make every shot.
The system returns balls at equal distances to the left and the right, as well as back at the initial point of impact. The automatic ball return system also lets you practice shots from both sides of the ball, as well as shots when your ball is further away; it provides a larger space to practice.
2. GoSports Golf Practice Hitting Net
Whichever version you purchase, the GoSports Golf practice nets are a top choice when it comes to hitting nets for golfers. They’re easy to set up, move around, and light weight, making them perfect for storage or for travel if you practice at different locations. Their design is meant to replicate real life while you sharpen your short game.
Available in two sizes – 10x7ft and 7x7ft – these nets are made of tough reinforced nylon that’s enhanced with a UV-resistant material to keep it from fading or falling apart over time. The netting system can be adjusted from 35-65 inches, which allows you to mimic real game scenarios to sharpen your ability to hit long, shorter, and controlled shots.
Each hitting net comes with a carrying bag for easy storage and transportation. They’re lightweight, foldable, and don’t take up too much space, even when you’re trying to find space for storing them in your home.
3. Callaway Golf Chip-Shot Chipping Net
- Easy set up
- Compact, easy to store
- Easy to store
The compact and simple (or "typical") shape of most of the Big Max golf nets show where they came from, but nothing beats the simplicity of the Callaway's design.
This chip-shot chipping net is just that. The design is open, unlike the folded design of the big-box nets, which are just as effective but take up more room.
After sending away a number of continuous shots, I found the Callaway's net incredibly durable. It is sewn together well, as are all of the nets in the "simpler" category. Most of them seem to be of an extremely similar design. And although they aren't high-end, they are effective.
4. GoSports Chipster Golf Chipping Pop Up Practice Net
- Easy-to-install design
- Can be expanded to fit a larger area
- Perfect for practicing shots with putter
- Excellent price
It’s not unusual for manufacturers of golf practice nets to make their products bulletproof, but it’s not necessary. Let’s face it. Chipping nets get a lot of action. What’s important is whether it stays in one piece.
You may have had difficulty finding cheap, but functional bags like this one. There are more expensive models out there, so if you’re on a budget this is a perfect way to get decent value for your money.
This is the kind of product that will pay off for half a year to one year or even more before you decide to replace it. The challenge may be to properly assemble it and get the straps tight enough to make it stay in place.
5. GALILEO Golf Practice Net Driving Range Golf Hitting Nets
- A wide variety of pitch sizes
- A variety of hanging options
- Four different weights
- Sturdy design: good for continuous everyday use
- Some clips seem to be out of balance
- Design causes some difficulty in storage
A few years ago, I bought a sports net to fix my lack of space at home. It was then that I discovered how useful golf nets can be in the long run. Today, that net sees lots of use in my house, especially when I like to practice my golf skills after work.
When I started to look for the best golf nets on the market, I realized that I have to go through a lot of options and reviews somewhere online. Then, as I began to get overwhelmed with the many choices I had to choose from, I decided to make a list of the best golf nets in 2019 from reputable sellers online.
With its high demand in the market, technological innovations in golf balls and clubs, and the increasing number of avid golf players, it has become increasingly important to also improve your golfing skills as much as possible as a beginner. For this, you need real-life golf training aids and equipment at home.
6. Himal Pop Up Golf Chipping Net Indoor Outdoor Collapsible Golf Accessories Golfing Target Net
- Easy to set up and break down
- Convenient, compact design
- Durable material
- Netting is flimsy
- Height of the net is not adjustable
- The rope that holds the net in place can be annoying
7. JEF WORLD OF GOLF Collapsible Chipping Net
- Easy to assemble
This amazing chipping net from JEF World of Golf is one of the best golf nets on the market in my opinion. It’s collapsible so you can easily store it in small spaces at home such as a closet or under a bed. Plus, does it also come with a convenient travel bag.
One of the great things about this net is that it’s extremely realistic and lifelike. It comes with an adjustable round pillow that’s designed like a real green and a turf skirt that will hold the ball like a real green, so you don’t have to spend time practicing hitting into thin air.
Assembly is easy and takes less than a few minutes. The back of the chipping net comes with Velcro straps which are used to attach the net to a pole. All you have to do is to hang the pole onto a hook in your garage or any other suitable place and attach the net to the pole using the Velcro straps.
8. MESIXI Pop Up Golf Chipping Net
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- Premium quality and well-made
- Stable design with no need for installation
- Works great
One fantastic golf net that’s on the higher end of the price range is this product from MESIXI.
This golf net is an innovative design allows you to practice your golf anywhere, anytime. It helps improve your accuracy, distance, and club angle for more accurate shots. There is no need for installation so it’s very portable.
MESIXI golf net has two thick and durable solid fiber netting straps that snap the net firmly in place. When on a level ground, it stands at a straight angle to the ground. The net is supported by 10 rough metal poles that have been attached to the sturdy frames.
9. PodiuMax Pop Up Golf Chipping Net
- Rough plastic edges
- Edges sharp enough to cut
There’s no cause for disappointment if you’re an amateur golfer looking for a chipping net instead of a top-flight piece of golf equipment. There are several options out there, but the PodiuMax Pop Up Golf Chipping Net is perhaps one of the best.
It’s made from 100% nylon and is sturdy enough to stand up to hour upon hour of practice. It’s also portable enough to be set up virtually anywhere – the back patio, the garden, near the corner of the basement, at the work place, in the family room—there are almost no limits to where you can use this helpful tool.
When it’s time to take it down, it packs down easily in a size that’s easy to carry, making it easy to transport.
10. Dynamax Sports Golf Cage Net
- Excellent, sturdy, and easy to assemble with clips
- Comes ready-to-go with a carport, net cloth, and sleeves
- Works well as a practice net and comes with great customer service if you need help
- Perfect for beginner golfers and kids
- Customers say sheets corrode the poles
- The net sleeves could be more sturdy
This practice net is a great alternative to a golf net for your backyard. If you can’t install a lower net because of trees or you are looking for an indoor alternative, a collapsible golf cage net should do the job. It’s an easy and practical solution for a net that’s good enough for both practice and feedback.
The net comes with all the materials you need to assemble it, and it is easy to put together without any extra tools. Sturdy clips hold the fabric sleeves, the programmable clip can adjust the height and you can also adjust the overhead sleeve.
You can store the net easily in a corner of your garage, or you can even put it away in the included net sleeve bag when not in use.
11. Runytek Golf Chipping Net 3-Layer Practice Net
- Strong netting
- Lightweight & compact
- Easy to carry and store
- Great value for the price
- Ideal for developing swing consistency
- Ideal for practicing chipping & putting
- Can be used indoors
- Smaller and doesn’t include stakes
- Ideal for practice only and not serious playing sessions
The Runytek Golf Practice Net is a great option, sure to improve your game. It comes at a decent price point and it’s easy to set up. This model is only 5‒x6‒, but that’s plenty of room for most golf needs and it’s portable too. It’s durable and the three-layer mesh will stand up to the elements and repeated use. This model is also pretty easy to fold up and carry with you.
To avoid popping up and walk-off, it’s advised to use this out on grass. If you’re short on space then this could be a great option to consider getting.
12. Rukket 10x7ft Pop Up Golf Net
- EASY TO SETUP – The poles set up quickly. Just notch the bottom bar into the top bars, and push down on the bottom bar until all four poles are set up. The pop-up design makes the poles easy to disassemble by just pushing the bar down in reverse.
- MODULAR DESIGN – 3 WINDOWS increase that chances that the ball could hit the golf net windows if it is hooked or sliced. This also allows for more practice on finding the sweet spot when hitting driver or fairway woods. If you need to close the windows to practice a draw or a fade, that is easily accomplished.
- STURDY AND DURABLE – This golf net features durable steel poles, heavy duty netting, and a tough rip-stop nylon pop-up case with an exterior easy-carry handle, making this a high-quality golf training net that will last for a lifetime.
- WEATHER RESISTANT – Weather resistant materials stand up to rain and fading while still providing multiple uses indoors and outdoors.
- GREAT FOR RAPID PRACTICE – This is a portable training device that makes it easy for you to practice as much as possible.
13. Rukket Pop Up Golf Chipping Net
14. Home Series Multi-Sport Net
- Compact and portable
- The plastic bell that comes with it is pretty bad quality
- Only suitable for use indoors
When looking for one of the best portable golf nets for indoor use, this lightweight indoor net by Home Series is the best pick.
The first thing you notice about it is the quality – it is made of high-quality polyester, which is pretty strong and durable. It comes with 3 rod pockets and you have the option to adjust the net height to up to 10 feet tall.
It includes a built-in framer system that makes it easy to set up and take down quickly, and it also comes with a carry bag and a sand bag.
15. Outroad 7×7 ft Portable Golf Net Hitting Pitching Practice Driving
- Large hitting area
- Convenient carry bag
- Collapsible frame
The Outroad Portable Golf Net is a perfect choice for improving your skills at home by working on your short game. You’ll be able to mimic fairway shots with a portable and flexible hitting net that provides a full range of motion and practice. The frame is made of galvanized steel with a powder-coated finish. The fabric net is UV protected and withstands both rain and wind.
The net measures 120 “ 80 “ 61cms as the opening is 71cms high and it fits a 7 “ 7 “ 7m range, and is perfect for practicing your shot at home or at the office during lunch or away from a course. It has an easy-to-carry handle for carrying it from your car to the office or tennis court. The package includes a storage bag and includes stakes for securing it to the ground.
The frame is quite sturdy for indoor use and is suitable for outdoor use as long as they are secured in the ground by the stakes that come included in the purchase.
16. AmazonBasics Portable Driving Practice Golf Net
- Easy to assemble and carry
- Durable frame
- Stores easily
- Collapses for convenient storage
- Comes with small bag, which is not convenient
- Won’t hang on permanent structure
If you want the most affordable way to improve your golf swing without a big investment, this best portable golf net kit for accuracy is the way to go.
The Amazon Basics portable golf net stands 72” tall, measures 40” wide, and weighs just 16.4 pounds. It’s highly portable thanks to its durable steel frame and heavy-duty carry bag (which measures at 23.6 x 10.7 x 3.7 inches). It’s designed to be placed on the ground, but it folds down quickly when it’s not in use.
Since this net is freestanding and not attached to a permanent structure (like a house), it leaves you with the freedom to practice your swing anywhere. This is especially helpful if you don’t have a lot of space and if you’re just getting serious about your golf game.
17. PodiuMax 10x7ft Golf Hitting Net
- Easy to set up
- Doubles as a soccer net
This PodiuMax golf practice net offers great value for its price and it’s one of the best models in regards to portability. It’s easy to set up since it’s designed to be put up quickly and it folds down to be even more compact. Plus, with its lightweight construction, you can fold it and store it in a closet or a corner.
This net is large enough to suit both adult and younger players, and it comes with a handy ball catcher so that you can keep the balls contained. You can fold it to be a 72.64" by 9.75" catch net, or set it up as a 9.75" by 6.75" ball return. The stand is adjustable so that you can make sure the net fits the hole you have in your backyard.
If you want an even bigger net, you can purchase the 10x8ft PodiuMax net and get even more practice time with it.
18. Dura-Pro Golf Cage
- Quality material prevents rust
- Large enough to practice golf, baseball, lacrosse or other sports
- Easy assembly
- Can catch hundreds of balls with one net
- Easy to assemble
The Duramaxx 10×10 golf net is a great alternative to expensive golf roll nets. It is made of quality material, with a sturdy steel cage and high density impact netting to catch balls. It is suitable for children and adults.
This golf practice net is easy to set up and can be used for almost all sports, because it can be removed easily and moved to another place. It is also safe and will save you a lot of money by reducing your outdoor practice time.
This durable net can catch hundreds of practice balls, so you can practice for hours without worrying about running out of balls. It can be used at night with the LED lighting option. You can practice alone or with your team because this net does not call attention. Although it is not available for golf drivers and long range, it is sturdy and does the job.
19. FORB Freestanding Golf Cage
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Easy to install
- Easy to move around
- Perfect size for indoor and outdoor use
- Adjustable pockets
- Shooting net for accuracy
- Comes with a solid, durable carrying case
- Great for kids and beginners
- Spring clips could be stronger
- The clips are positioned too high
If you're in the market for an easy to assemble, yet versatile, golf net, you'll want to consider this option. It has a total of six shooting holes, plus a net for accuracy. It also comes with a "Shooting Arc" that's specially designed for added stability.
They tout this as being a perfect solution for anyone who wants to improve their golfing abilities actually on a golfing green. This comes with 12 steel ground stakes, golf nets, and cord. It's completely adjustable, which makes it a great option for backyard golfers.
This is a fantastic choice for beginners. It’s very easy to use and assemble. Most customers were incredibly happy with how easy it was to assemble and use.
20. IZZO Golf Tri-Daddy Golf Hitting Net
- 15-feet wide
- Professional-level net
- Lightweight and portable
- Different self-supporting and wall-mounting options
- Two enclosure styles – performance and maximum
Searching for the best portable golf net? This Izzo net is the best golf practice net for anyone who –simply loves hitting balls and being outdoors!
What sets this golf net apart from other similarly-priced options out there is the fact that it’s got so many different self-supporting and wall-mounting options; you can pretty much install it wherever you want. Plus it’s got two enclosure styles – performance and maximum, so you can choose which one is most suitable for a specific practice session.
Another cool thing about this net set is that it’s collapsible, so when you’re not using it, you can simply disassemble the whole thing and store it inside the carrying bag. This is one of the best golf practice nets out there when it comes to its portability.
21. GALILEO Golf Net Hitting Cage Practice Driving Net Indoor&Outdoor High Impact Double Back Stop
- Works for all golf ball types – tees, fairway, or rough
- Easy to assemble
- Solid construction
- Good customer service
Looking for a solid golf practice net for your home or backyard? We recommend the Galileo Golf Net which has a simple and effective design that will help improve your swing. It is the perfect product for backyard or indoor golfers who are looking to improve their game.
The Galileo Golf Net comes with a powerful motor that will pull the golf balls back toward you with very little effort on your part. It is suitable for all types of golf balls – from tees, fairway, or the rough.
This net has a durable steel construction that is designed to last for the long haul. It comes with a large enough target so that you can practice your longer shots, including draw and fade.
22. BaseGoal Golf Chipping Net Golfing Target Net Portable Pop Up Collapsible Practice Swing Net Outdoor/Indoor,Golf Tee.Golf Bag
- Great size and portability
- Automatic pop-up design with carry bag
- Easily adjustable height for multiple player sizes
- Attaches to most standard golf surfaces
- 3x the size of traditional golf nets
- Includes ground stakes to ensure secure fit
- Instructions are slightly vague
- Large product means slight shipping delay
- Not the sturdiest net out there
Golf Set.Golf Equipment.Car Flagpole/Windshield/Golf Accessories Holder/Golf Bag/Golf Set Holder.
If you’re looking for the best golf nets for practice, this offering from BaseGoal is the perfect choice.
This Pop-Up Golf Chipping Net with Carry Bag is made of heavy duty nylon mesh and a durable design. This allows for hours upon hours of golf net practice without fear of wear and tear. The net also features adjustable height to allow for all players to take part in the fun! To top it off, this net has a car flag holder so you can show off your love for golf while driving!
23. 77tech 10' Golf Practice Net Driving Net System Tri-Ball Hitting Net
- Great value for beginner golfers
- Easily folds away
- Made of top quality materials
- Not suitable for weather conditions
- Doesn’t include any kind of extension piece
- Assembly guide can be confusing
This product is one of our top choices for the best practice nets for the game of golf, as it’s great value for money considering its quality construction and the materials it’s made of.
The 10 feet x 15 feet product comes delivered in a box that’s not too heavy, so the workaround to that is having a friend help you out. Freeing the net doesn’t include any special tools and the assembly guide is pretty straightforward.
The net is made of steel poles, which offer the strength to stand up against winds and weather conditions. It also has two machine-sewn corner loops and broad nets, which are great if you want to work on your swing.
24. Ascent Sports Deluxe 10' x 10' x 10' Golf Cage Net
- Great design with a sturdy build
- All-inclusive package with clear instructions
The Ascent Sports Deluxe Golf Cage Net is a top-notch solution for anybody looking to quickly and easily set up an outdoor net in their backyard.
Its two-piece structure and frame corners help it stand tall without having to worry about additional support columns or footings. It comes with half-inch high-quality netting and a 10 „2 „ baffle net. According to reviews, the assembly process is a quick and simple process that can easily be done by one person in a matter of minutes. One reviewer specifically noted this is an ideal choice for serious players and not suitable for beginners.
This net is constructed from a sturdy, high-quality frame that can withstand a direct impact from any hit. It comes with four 10 „ ground stakes and can handle a lot of stress. The poles are 23 „ high and the base pole is 45 „ wide. Depending on what you need this cage net for, it has the potential to take a lot of wear and tear, and it’s definitely a solid buy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best golf practice net?
Are golf practice nets any good?
Golf practice nets can provide an excellent alternative to hitting golf balls on the range. Instead of paying large fees to hit at a driving range you can hit a few balls in your backyard and hit balls toward your golf net. Practice net golf can even be incorporated during your weekly club league round and help keep you in-shape between trips to the range. They’re also an excellent choice for those who don’t like the feel of hitting off of mats.
What are golf nets made of?
Unfortunately, there is no one quality that defines golf nets. There is not one material or manufacturer which makes equally exquisite products in all areas. However, the majority of golf nets are constructed of steel, aluminum, or a combination of both materials. Golf nets that are built using heavy-duty steel frames, aluminum net poles, and tension cables will be the most durable and long-lasting.
How can I practice golf at home?
A golf practice net is a great way to perfect your strokes in the comfort of your home. These nets use sturdy frames to suspend fabric nets indoors or out and allow you to swing without fear of damaging your walls, furniture or surroundings. Some sets are also expandable, allowing you to hook up to four nets for a larger driving area.
One of the things that distinguish a great golf practice net from a mediocre one is whether a golfer can make consistent practice swings. No one is helped by swinging wildly and attempting to smash a ball – a sensible practice swing is the key. The best practice nets for helping you develop a consistent practice swing are those that enable you to visualize the ball going where your practice swing is directed. Any sort of net should do that, but the best take the idea a step further.
|Spornia Spg-7 Golf Practice Net||Best Overall|
|PodiuMax Pop Up Golf Chipping Net||Budget Pick|
|FORB Freestanding Golf Cage||Upgrade Pick|